Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Crooked River Burning

At first Crooked River Burning was difficult to understand. I had lived in the suburbs of Cleveland my entire life and went to school right across the street from Shaker Lakes and have never heard of some of the people and places in the book. The fact that Cleveland used to be one of the largest citys is baffeling, but also fasinating. It's interesting and different to read a love story told from my own city and not New York or Los Angeles. This book ties together history and romance while revealing some of the city's secrets.

1 comment:

  1. I remember a lot about cleveland. I remember hearing it being called "the mistake on the lake." At one time the downtown area was one of the most coloful spots in the city esepecially at Christmas time. That was before malls came into exixtance. Like the princess in my story, sometime we dont learn who we really are, until we decide to venture out of our comfort zone.

    ReplyDelete